WHAT WE DO
- Guided hiking on Benbulben Sligo and the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Flora and fauna walks in areas of outstanding beauty and scenery.
- Hiking in safety with a qualified guide so you can enjoy your day on the hills to the fullest.
We cater for individuals, families, social clubs, school groups, active retirement groups, with full and half day hike options available.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of safety and only use Mountain Leaders who are certified by An Bord Oiliunt Sleibhe, the Irish Mountain Training Board, Mountaineering Ireland.
To provide guided hiking on Benbulben and surrounding areas of immense beauty and stunning scenery of Yeats Country and the Wild Atlantic Way
We aim to deliver a fun time with lasting memories, through hiking in a mountain environment, which will enable participants to gain a greater appreciation of nature, flora and fauna and the countryside.
We are committed to the conservation of these special area and in maintaining the principles of "Leave no trace" policy at all times.
High Hopes Hiking are passionate about Mountains.
We want to share this with you and help make your dreams come true.
Contact us now by using our online booking form or call us on the dedicated phone line.
David Bourke is a fully qualified Mountain Leader, certified by An Bord Oiliunt Sleibhe, the Irish Mountain Training Board, Mountaineering Ireland and an active member of Sligo Mountaineering Club and Mountaineering Ireland.
- Member Of the Mountain Training Board UK and fully insured
- Holder of Remote Emergency Care Level 3 + AED CPR
- David has hiked in the Julian Alps Slovenia, Pyrenees, Swiss Alps, Austrian Alps, Dolomites, Kilimanjaro, High Atlas Mountains, Scotland and Wales
- He enjoys regular hikes on Benbulben, and throughout Sligo/Leitrim, Mayo, Connemara, Donegal and the Mournes.
why choose high hopes hiking for your next guided hike???
Fully qualified and insured Mountain Leader
First Aid level 3 remote emergency care trained and certified
Small group size so more individual attention shown
Appreciation of flora and fauna
Local guide with indepth knowledge of the region
Peace of mind knowing that safety on the mountains is top of our agenda at all times
Amazing scenery of the Wild Atlantic Way.